In its quest to empower and engage youths with public discourse, specifically on the administration of Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, a professional group, Omituntun Initiative in the Diaspora (OID), launched the 2022 Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition.
ESSAY TOPIC (CHOOSE ONE):
Strengthening transparency, inclusiveness and accountability for a peaceful and sustainable development in Oyo State. OR
Advancing the frontiers of possibilities for a safe, secured and prosperous Oyo State through Citizen’s active participation in governance processes. OR
Re-engineering the Oyo State energy system through the newly proposed development and implementation of Oyo State master gas plan: Expectations, Possibilities and Benefits.
- About Seyi Makinde
- Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition
- Aim and Benefits of Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition
- Requirements for Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition Qualification
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
About Seyi Makinde
Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde is a Nigerian businessman, politician and philanthropist who is the Governor of Oyo State since 29 May, 2019. He is an engineer and a subject matter expert on fluid and gas metering. He is the group managing director of Makon Group Limited; an indigenous oil and gas company in Nigeria.
Aim and Benefits of Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition
- 1st Prize -N200,000
- 2nd Prize -N150,000
- 3rd Prize -N100,000
- The Top 20 participants will be sponsored for digital skills vocational training.
Requirements for Seyi Makinde Annual Essay Competition Qualification
- Entrants can only write on one of the topics.
- Open to Oyo State residents/indigenes who are students of any recognised institution in Nigeria and must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- The essay must be written in English using Microsoft word format.
- Entries must be between 800 and 1000 words (bibliography and references are excluded from the word count).
- Entries must be prepared in font size 12, Times New Roman with double spacing and pages in numbered.
- Plagiarism of any kind will result in automatic disqualification.
- Participants must provide proof of students identification and residency.
- Names and contact details should be stated in the submitted entries.
- Entrants must be creative and draw practical examples from the concluded or ongoing infrastructural projects in Oyo State.
- Points will be awarded to in-depth analysis and understanding of the topic, creativity, originality, depth of research and real-life application.
- No submission is allowed after the deadline date as stated above.
- 1 electronic copy of your essay must be submitted through the link below
- Only the top 20 enteries would be contacted